Check out the whole series titled, “Is God Asking You To Plant A Church?”
Here is what I would suggest for next steps if after having considered all these things God is asking you to plant a church. This is by no means a comprehensive list. These are some of the larger things you need to do. You will need to fill in the blanks!
- Get some training – there are several organizations and denominations that have church planting boot camps. You can check here for some that I have found.
- Get some backing – Who are you planting with? Are they behind you? Do you have a sponsoring church and a pastor or team of people that will encourage you and hold you accountable.
- Raise some money – it’s going to take lots and lots of money, both for your family and the ministry. This is part of getting some training. There is an art to raising money – it’s mostly prayer, perseverance, vision, and asking.
- Make a plan – Go into it with a plan but hold that plan loosely! You may find things shifting when you actually get on the ground and start working the plan.
- Association of Related Churches (A.R.C.) has a whole step by step plan of things you need to do in the church planting process and a bunch of free resources here
So what’s your next step today?