Our family started what we hope will be a yearly tradition on New Years Eve. We went out to dinner to celebrate God’s faithfulness in the current year and talk about our hopes and dreams for the New Year. Here are some of the highs and lows from 2011:
A Few Highs From 2011
- Our first family camping trip to Cape Cod;
- Celebrating our kids seventh and fifth birthdays;
- Celebrating the one year anniversary of Journey Church and two years of God’s faithfulness in sustaining us to live and minister in Cambridge;
- Meeting new friends;
- Ava taking ballet and Kole playing baseball;
- God answering our prayers to send laborers to the Journey;
- A financial miracle in April/May that carried us for 5 months;
- Receiving two separate grants towards our church plant.
A Few Lows From 2011
- Moving to a new apartment in September (it was very stressful and somewhat of a fiasco);
- Kole getting sick on his birthday and not being able to have cake;
- The death process -John 12:24 NLT I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.
Some Goals, Dreams, Visions for 2012
- Kole said He wants our church to have 100 people. This is interesting in light of the fact that our vision this year is to train 10 leaders so we have the capacity to care for 100 people;
- Go to the mountains for vacation. Last year we gave our family the choice between camping at the ocean or in the mountains. The majority of the family chose the beach, but we said if we do the beach this year, we will do the mountains next year. Most likely theWhite Mountains in NH;
- Watching the Boston fireworks on July 4th:
- Exploring Cambridge and learning more about its history;
- A new job for Kent;
- An newer vehicle that will be better for our family and better for hauling the trailer for Journey Church(we have been praying for quite a while);
- Kole wants Jesus to help him do miracles – to pray over people and see them healed;
- Ava wants to get food for homeless people:
- Kent wants increased hunger for Jesus, to live life to the fullest, and to serve Jesus with no-holds-barred;
- Kent wants to finish his first book and see about publishing it this year;
- Gina wants Jesus to heal her of Celiac disease, wants a deeper walk with Jesus, and wants to sing at least two original songs at the Journey this year;
- Kent and Gina want to be consistent with our family nights and our date nights with our kids (we do once a month with each child) and with each other.
Those are a few of our highs, lows, and dreams. What are a few of your dreams for 2012?