We have moved into a new season as a church: one of fruitfulness. Occasionally, I will share some encouraging stories on my blog of what God is doing through the church I have the privilege to pastor, Journey Church in Cambridge, MA…
On September 28, 2014 we launched Journey Church with over 100 people in attendance. Since starting Journey Church in 2010, this was our best year to date! I am so thankful to God for the increase we saw in 2014 – and you share in that eternal fruit. Your prayers, encouragement, and giving made a monumental difference. This is how the kingdom is meant to work. Everyone has a part to play in the body of Christ. We are better together than we are alone.
Highlights from 2014
Before I share with you our vision and direction for 2015, I want to celebrate God’s goodness to us. We have had so many encouraging stories this year of what God has done in peoples lives. Here are a few along with some encouraging highlights.
- Baptized two (2) people
- Led 7 people to first time commitments to Christ
- Led 12 people to recommit their lives to Christ
- Launched Journey Church on September 28, 2014 with over 100 in attendance (explain)
- Grew by 66% in average weekly attendance
- Upgraded our children’s environment to provide a safe and fun environment for our kids to experience the transforming love of Christ.
- Increased our total giving by nearly 60%!
- Welcomed 186 first time guests through the door
- Sponsored our 5th annual Cambridge Community Easter Egg Hunt with over 200 people in attendance
- Received 16 new members into the Journey Church Community
- Celebrated our fourth birthday as a church
- Engaged 4584 visitors on our website with over 18,000 page views
- Launched Kent’s Blog and 7-day devotional called Rest Assured: Seven Days to Stillness, Sanity and the Sabbath You Need.
Read Leah’s story of finding Christ through the Journey…
What’s Coming In 2015?
On Sunday February 1, 2015 we had our annual “Vision Day” where we celebrate God’s goodness from the previous year, refresh our vision as a church and share what’s to come in the New Year (Listen to the message). God has been speaking the words growth and maturity for 2015.
Wherever you are today in your faith walk or in your church planting journey, I want to encourage you: persevere. So many breakthroughs are just around the corner. Keep your eyes on Jesus and don’t give up!
An Opportunity To Help Us Grow
Elim Fellowship (whom I am ordained through) recently contacted me and asked permission to print my Rest Assured devotional and send it to over 950 credential holders (ministers) in the Elim Fellowship network. It was a confirmation and encouragement from the Lord to keep writing! If you haven’t yet downloaded my devotional, get it free!
Like this post? Why not share it!