My name is Kent Murawski. I’m a husband, father, author, communicator and team leader for Journey Church in Cambridge, MA. In 2009, our family of four left a four bedroom house and a position as the executive director of a well established network of campus ministries to move into a two bedroom apartment in the city and found Journey Church. My goal is simple: to help you LEAD for the LONG HAUL. Chances are, if you have been a leader in any capacity, you have probably felt one of these ways…or all of them:
- You don’t have what it takes
- You should have more tangible results
- Life isn’t fair
- You lack the right opportunities
- You are overlooked, overworked, and underpaid
- You put in the same blood, sweat, and tears but without the same results other people get
- You’re a failure
Over nearly twenty years of leadership experience in diverse settings, I have learned that there are three keys to moving from dissatisfied to content:
- Admit you are ticked off. Life isn’t fair. Overcoming the feeling of failure starts with admitting that you are angry.
- Learn to Go deep with Jesus. He promised that if you learn to live from Him rather than for Him, you will be healthy, fulfilled AND fruitful!
- Discover who you are. You are a work in progress. We all are. That’s okay, but it’s not okay to stay where you are. As you discover who you really are, you will become more content. As we come to Know God as Father we can then Know Ourselves
What’s life like on the other side, in the place of contentment? It’s not a bigger church or your face on the cover of Christianity Today, unless that’s God’s plan. In contentment, you will find the freedom that comes from not needing anything outside of what you already have to be happy. You will enjoy your life more, enjoy your family, and be content where you are. It’s not about settling for less, it’s about enjoying more. After all, life is about the journey not the destination.
Download My Free E-book
If you want to learn to be more content in life, start by downloading my free e-book, Rest Assured: Seven Days to the Stillness, Sanity, and Sabbath You Need. This e-book will help you recalibrate and jump-start your relationship with God so you can find the peace and fulfillment you long for.
I would love to stay connected with you through my email list. I don’t post everything I write on the blog, so signing up for the email list gives you access to the most helpful content. In addition to receiving regular blog updates delivered straight to your inbox, you will receive personal insights and access to bonus content. Sign up here…
My Top Posts
If you are new to my blog, here are a few of my most popular posts:
Admit You Are Ticked Off (and Other Leadership Lessons)
Learn to Go Deep with Jesus
- Why I Love Retreats (And think you should take one too)
- Secrets of the Vine Part 1 and Part 2 (Audio Messages)
Discover Who You Are
In 2009, I left a prominent position leading a well established network of campus ministries to found and lead Journey Church in Cambridge, MA. Home to Harvard and MIT, Cambridge is like no other place on earth. It’s an academic and political hotbed. To say Cambridge is influential is an understatement. Eight U.S. presidents have graduated from Harvard alone, and MIT boasts 81 Nobel laureates! I live near Boston with my wife, Gina, and our three children.